Friday, June 25, 2010

I haven't heard a thing you've said in at least a couple hundred days

What'd you say?

I could feel a hot one taking me down
for a moment I could feel the force
Veiny to the point of tears
And you were holding on to make a point
What's the point?

Enough is never quite enough
What's enough?


Though beautifully written, these words struck such an unpleasant chord in me tonight. When I heard them it was like I had two immediate choices- believe that being numb is acceptable and drag myself forward, or believe in what is embedded in my bones.

I believe in love.
In all that love has to offer and all that it means and in all that it sacrifices and in all the joy and lessons it brings.
I believe it's beautifully crafted and that it's a choice and that since it's a choice, you fight for it. Maybe even simply because you chose it. It's irrational. Terrifying. Gorgeous. Dangerous. Freeing.
It's longed for, ached over, and confusing.
But you choose it.
That ability alone is beautiful.. & tricky.

& so much brighter than gloomy, gray numbness.
I feel like I've always tended a little more towards the brighter side of things anyway.




I'm pretty much positive that this songs meaning is nowhere near as simple as what I chose to relate it to tonight in my car. But that's the thing about words- you can use them however you'd like. Tonight I made them directly relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment